Members of the public are asked to respect the following house rules:
- Audience members must be in possession of a valid ticket or entry pass at all times. These must be handed over for inspection by La Scala staff when requested. Ticketholders must sit in the seats allocated to them.
- Latecomers will not be admitted once the performance has started and will be asked to wait in the foyers until the first interval, when they may take their seats.
- Children under 6 years of age will not be admitted to the theatre.
- Gentlemen are advised to wear black suit for premiere performances and are recommended to wear a jacket and tie for all other performances. In general, we ask that you wear clothing that is in keeping with the decorum of the opera house.
- Umbrellas, hats, bags, cameras, audio/video recording devices and mobile phones must be deposited at the cloakrooms. We request that gentlemen leave overcoats in the cloakrooms. A cloakroom service is provided free of charge.
- Patrons should exercise appropriate behaviour at all times and remain silent in the auditorium during performances.
- The use of mobile phones is not permitted in the auditorium.
- The use of photographic equipment and audio/video recording devices of any kind is not permitted in the auditorium.
- Smoking is not permitted on La Scala premises (Law 584/75).
- Food and drink must not be consumed outside bar areas. Food and drink is not permitted in the auditorium or boxes.
- Should you have any problems or specific requirements, our section supervisors and head usher are on hand to help.