Members of the public are asked to respect the following house rules:
- Audience members must be in possession of a valid ticket or entry pass at all times. These must be handed over for inspection by La Scala staff when requested. Ticketholders must sit in the seats allocated to them.
- Latecomers will not be admitted once the performance has started and will be asked to wait in the foyers until the first interval, when they may take their seats.
- The recommended minimum age for admission to the Theatre is 5 years. Should the child disturb other members of the audience, the child and his/her accompanying adult will be kindly asked to follow the rest of the performance in the Theatre foyer on the screens provided. In any case, minors must carry their own ticket.
- Gentlemen are advised to wear black suit for premiere performances and are recommended to wear a jacket and tie for all other performances. In general, we ask that you wear clothing that is in keeping with the decorum of the opera house.
- Umbrellas, hats, bags, cameras, audio/video recording devices and mobile phones must be deposited at the cloakrooms. We request that gentlemen leave overcoats in the cloakrooms. A cloakroom service is provided free of charge.
- Patrons should exercise appropriate behaviour at all times and remain silent in the auditorium during performances.
- The use of mobile phones is not permitted in the auditorium.
- The use of photographic equipment and audio/video recording devices of any kind is not permitted in the auditorium.
- Smoking is not permitted on La Scala premises (Law 584/75).
- Food and drink must not be consumed outside bar areas. Food and drink is not permitted in the auditorium or boxes.
- Should you have any problems or specific requirements, our section supervisors and head usher are on hand to help.