Becoming a founding partner
Our Founding Partners are the cornerstone and lifeblood of La Scala because they play an active role in helping achieve our goal of spreading the message of music and art across the world.
You can support the creation of our artistic heritage by helping to maintain our impeccable standards and participate in the artistic life of La Scala through involvement in the production process, from the presentation of proposed programmes for the Season right through to their production and performance.
Your commitment to La Scala
Founding Partners are voting members of the Founders’ Board. In addition, La Scala’s Board of Directors offers the following privileges for the artistic programmes they approve:
- an invitation to attend all opening night performances of operas and ballets in the season, the Christmas Concert and Symphonic Concerts, and priority booking for the purchase of further tickets
- priority sponsoring of exceptional artistic projects and events, such as the season opener on 7 December, Christmas Concert, song recitals, tours, and much more
- preferential rates for the organisation of events.
You will also have the opportunity to attend full orchestral rehearsals of operas and ballets and some pre-dress rehearsals, take part in “behind-the-scenes” guided tours, and be a guest at conferences presenting the operas and the premieres of performances to be toured at home and abroad.
As a Founding Partner you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- use of the Theatre Museum spaces to host one-off functions (meetings, presentations, events, etc.). You will also be entitled to a number of complimentary entries to the celebrated collections of the Theatre Museum
- opportunity to organise tailor-made activities and events at La Scala to promote your support as a Founding Partner
- use of the Gallery Foyer for functions or gala dinners for your guests
- opportunity to organise exclusive events in the captivating surroundings of the Visconti Pavilion in the Ansaldo Workshops, with a chance to take free guided tours of La Scala’s impressive production laboratories
- a dedicated page in every La Scala publication, including programmes for all season performances (operas, ballets and concerts), season calendar (150,000 copies), desk and pocket diaries, etc. The Founder’s name will appear on the Founders’ Plate present in the Teatro alla Scala’s Main Foyer
- direct link to your company’s site on a special area of our website
- message of thanks on auditorium displays at every opera performance.
By statute, Founding Partners must contribute a minimum of EUR 600,000 each year and can benefit from tax breaks on their investment as follows:
Deductibility from business income for the whole amount of donations made according to Art. 100 paragraph 2 letter m) of the Testo Unico delle Imposte sui Redditi (Consolidated Tax Act), Presidential Decree 917/1986, as modified by Legislative Decree 344/1993: “(...) donations in support of (...) legally recognized Foundations (...) are completely deductible, for the accomplishment of their institutional tasks and for the realization of cultural programmes in the cultural heritage and performing arts sectors”.
Find out more about our Founding Partners.