Milano per la Scala
Your opportunity to participate in a grand tradition: support Milano per la Scala!
The Milano per la Scala Foundation, established in 1991 by a group of private citizens and companies from the Lombardy region, has the exclusive goal of promoting and supporting La Scala and its initiatives. The General Manager of the Theatre is a member of the Board of Directors.
Milano per la Scala has contributed to supporting operas and concerts and cooperates in the design of projects of particular interest for preservation of the artistic and cultural heritage of the Theatre; for example:
- support to the Academy of Performing Arts of La Scala (established in September 2002) through scholarships and masterclasses for students attending specialisation courses for Opera Singers, Orchestral Players and for Dancing School.
- the D.A.M. project (depositi, archivi e magazzini – storage, archives and warehouses) for the storage and computerisation of material in storage, scene sketches, costumes and photos; in particular, the Project to save the Sound Archives, a priceless treasure, of La Scala recordings from 1951 until today.
- publication, in cooperation with Accenture, of the volume “IL COSTUME TEATRALE TRA REALISMO E FINZIONE, I costumi storici, dal 1930 al 1960” (THE THEATRICAL COSTUME BETWEEN REALISM AND FICTION, The historical costumes, from 1930 to 1960”), documentation of the restoration and recovery of 110 theatrical costumes of the greatest historical importance and dressmaking skill.
- In scena alla Scala, printing of 65,000 copies for each opera in the program, carried out in collaboration with the Cultural Promotion Service of La Scala, distributed free of charge to students and Supporters.
- Le opere raccontate ai bambini, publication of illustrated books for children, Archinto editions.
Here are some of the benefits reserved to Supporters of Milano per la Scala:
- invitation to rehearsals of both operas and ballets
- when possible, invitation to final dress rehearsals of operas and ballets
- purchase tickets priority until sold out
- backstage tours of La Scala
- cultural/musical trips in Italy and abroad
- invitation to musical events
- participation in the Supporters’ amateur choir
- listing of the Supporter name in the opening night performance program
In 1994, the Gruppo Giovani (Youth Group), was established, with travel initiatives, meetings with the artists, analysis of music and special prices for operas and concerts aimed at satisfying and attracting young people to the Theatre, to the opera and musical world in particular. It cooperates with various youth, national, and international foundations.